Friday, April 2, 2010

sometimes, one has to do insane things to be sane.

Right! The subject's a little far off or philosophical or more general than what I actually learned today. Actually, there was not much activity as I just goofed around and stuff in the Nook - which by the way includes sleeping <3 <3, cleaning the room, (finally) finishing the laundry and some reading. I haven't even retouched the summer camp documentation which I was by the way aiming to finish by yesterday (such an unorganized little kid >.<) and I've fallen into playing Flyff again (it's a little scary if I get addicted again). But but but at least I've set foot back on household chores and...

I just thought.. 'sometimes you have to leave things behind just to get back to it again with a more interested head and heart.' If I do things in routine way like staring at the computer doing reports 8/24 everyday then I'll lose interest and gradually crumble to losing my head because of technical tiredness even though I also enjoy doing it. Justifications HAHA.. but I still have a point, I know.

BUT actually, one thing I learned today is... 'books could be really good friends.'


It could take you different worlds just by lying around or sitting and stuff. It has taken me to Russia where I encountered a couple who got married while they were both in prison; to a theme park where I met a young girl who has persuaded her brother not to stow away by asking him to watch her riding a carousel; to a world where cats could talk and fishes fall from the sky; to the 90's where the compositions of well-known people are music to our ear; and to elsewhere and else-when that I've enjoyed goofing about.

And I couldn't have noticed how books has inspired me and helped me in my formation to be the person I am now if I haven't cleaned the nook today - now, that's a 500mg doze of sanity. :)


And another thing... (though I do not think of it as learning but more of something to continue to think about)

Mad Hatter: Have I gone mad?
Alice: All the best people are.
Me: All the best people are mad...

which explains why we have people such as Nietzche, Newton, Marx, Galilei, Beethoven.. and even Jesus Christ (who all have done insane things once in their lives to be sane.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment