Tuesday, November 2, 2010

"The world couldn't possibly end today, because it's already tomorrow in Australia"

 ‎"The world couldn't possibly end today, because it's already tomorrow in Australia" - Charles M. Schulz

It's the most striking quote I read today from the Reader's Digest. It's witty yet has a full load of a message which to me means... I can only take on 8 hours of work a day. After that, my body would rumble about hunger, head ache and sleepiness. After the 8 hours meeting of our Secretariat, I would still want to reply to emails and do some paper work but I just simply can't because I need to stop! or my body would drown into tiredness. I couldn't have learned to save myself from bring workaholic if I haven't experienced intense chest pains and days of being bedridden. In the end, there is a reason why the "8-hour a day working time" was approved by the government and why workers were able to win it from their struggle with their employers and factory owners a few years ago. It is to saved the human race and to keep humanity sane. That there is tomorrow, wherein you can do your work for today that you can't possibly do when you've reached your limits. :)) It's not entirely antagonistic with "don't leave for tomorrow what you can do today" since you've already done what you're supposed to do for today or until what you can do for today. I'm getting more confusing by the second. :3

Anyway, what I wanted to say in a nutshell is, Charles Schulz tell us to be optimistic and to look forward to tomorrow.

Apart from that, I also had another thinking about "Japanese people are living in the future, metaphorically and literally".
Because..

1. They are living in a high-tech world, with all the machineries needed for agriculture to medicine available in the hands of their farmers and medical professionals.
2. They are an hour ahead of the Philippines. 

I just thought, it's not impossible to invent a time machine since riding a plane to Japan from Philippines seems like riding a time machine to the future already, without one knowing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment