Monday, November 1, 2010

to open-up yourself so that other's may come in

Picture yourself talking with an old guy and him giving advise of how you can forgive yourself by letting all the thoughts fade into nothingness from your head, so that other thoughts may come in. It's the unforgettable scene I got from Eat, Pray, Love played by Julia Roberts. In fact, all I did in "All Saint's Day" was watch movies (since I couldn't go home to Bicol to visit my departed and loved uncle, Tito Jun). 

Movies I watched today: :D
1. The Switch
2. Eat, Pray, Love
3. The Social Network (I have to write about it next time!)

I actually I heard the same lesson from Hunter x Hunter. Kurapika's teacher was telling Kurapika "how could I help you fill your mind when your mind is already like a cup filled with water". He told Kurapika to drain the cup first. It's true.

That's why I believe with what Socrates said that "wisdom is knowing that I know nothing". In that way, you'll start to crave for learning and knowing the things you don't know. Logical. That's the mistake of most people - who closes their shells enough and just pokes up their head to tell others about their own idea. You know what they remind me of? Turtles.

Pictures of cute turtles are from here.

Turtles are afraid and sensitive. or a better description are snails. Once you hold a snail, they crawl inside their shells, locking their selves away from the outside world. Why are they so scared? Why do they think they know all when it's an impossibility for one t know everything.

Since a few months ago, I started to open up and I've gained a handful of learnings which I haven't written yet in these blog. Now, I'm taking another advice to "accept all the other people you meet in your lifetime as your teacher". I'll try... No, I'll do whatever it takes not to be a turtle nor a snail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment