Thursday, March 17, 2011

about making a phone call

 Today, while facilitating an admission of a youth-member to a shelter, I needed to make a phone call.

Behind everyone's thought, I am actually afraid of holding a telephone, of making a phone call nor answering a phone call. Sometimes, at home, as a child, I pretend I was not hearing the phone ringing just because I don't want to put that receiver on my ears and talk through the phone. I'm afraid of the voice on the next line. I'm afraid to get shouted or to for the person in the next line to bring down the phone while we're still talking. And I don't quite understand why I have these anxieties.

But today, a fellow social worker scolded me for not making a phone call before going to their institution. Actually, I did make the phone call but no one answered. As it turned out, I called while they were on lunch break (~1:30). My mistake was I didn't make the phone call again. I was too lazy and anxious to make another phone call. However, because she scolded me, it felt like a phone call is just an ordinary thing for making work easier. Today, I learned that I shouldn't be afraid of the telephone or phone calls again.

After a day at work, I was glad to spend a little time with a dear cute friend, Yuki. 


Daughter of a co-staff, Miyuki. She was staying near my table and playing with sunglasses.


Fair Trade Corner in ACCESS' Office prepared by VOA - FTT.

Miyuki was playing with camera and was taking pictures of anything in the office. She happened to take picture of the fair trade corner and reminded me that I wanted to share this little corner to the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment