Sunday, October 24, 2010

how to make gyoza (dumplings)

It was too early when I arrived at Ame-chan's house so they were surprised at my arrival. "Hayai na~" was the greeting. It was just my mistake to estimate the travel time 'again'. They also asked what happened to me for I was wearing a skirt. Well, after a few checking out of friends in Facebook, I figured that I hadn't change with how I put clothes on, and my friends from college are way too grougeous now and fashionable than before. Amazing! Anyway..

It was our "gyoza party"! We made gyoza, though some looked like siomai and out-of-this world gyoza shapes. :)

This is the original one: 

 
I don't have picture of what we made but it looks like this,
I got this picture from here.

How to make gyoza:

Ingredients: (for 5 people)
*1 kilo Ground pork
*1/4Cabbage
*Onion (We forgot about it)
*Garlic
*Pepper
*100 pcs Dumpling Wrapper
*Water

1. Make the filling - ground pork mixed with cabbage, onion, garlic and pepper.
    --> Basically same as shanghai rolls. You could also put carrots if you like.
2. Wrapping:
    a. Put a teaspoon full of the filling in a dumpling wrapper.
    b. Wipe a little of water, painting a crescent (or half the dumpling wrapper).
    c. Fold in the tip, and continue folding until you get to the other side.
    d. That's it. You can also experiment other shapes. :D
3. Frying
    a. Put a pinch of oil at a frying pan and align gyoza.
    b. Wait until it turns brownish and turn.
    c. Pour in a little water and cover.
    d. Wait until the water runs out and TADA!
 
If you didn't understand my explanation, here's a better one. Click!

No comments:

Post a Comment