Thursday, October 21, 2010

not to count the chicks before the chicken lays its eggs.

or not to be overly excited into something that hasn't been concretely happening.

Last night, I couldn't sleep in the thought that in just 3 sleeps, I will be striding the rice terraces in Banaue. But after packing my things for the trip and heading to the office for last preparations, a bad news came that there is yet another typhoon entering the Philippines. After the wreck that Typhoon Juan has caused, what is there to wreck more in Northern Luzon? 

 

This is Banaue Rice Terraces. It's one of UNESCO's hailed "world heritages".
Since I don't have the chance yet to take picture from there, I got this picture from here.

 
The rice terraces are around 4,000 years old! and it would circle half the world if we put each step along side each other, even longer than the Great Wall of China. It is the benign concrete evidence that Filipinos are intelligent people, as they were able to engineer an agricultural system by making steps in the mountains. Contrary to other world heritages that is now merely a museum, the rice terraces keeps on living as rice is continually planted and harvested from the steps. There are worries though since young generations of Ifugao prefer to take on professional jobs likely of the city people thus passing on the culture and intelligence of preserving the terraces is on threat and quality of the rice harvested is at the down surge. That is all I know and I hope to learn more though the trip but unfortunately... Shikataganai ne~! \ It can't be helped. 

 
So, unwillingly.. I agreed with the idea to postpone the trip not unless, I am really comfortable with being stranded in Banaue for a couple of days. I don't want to. First, there's not enough penny in my pocket for the food and lodging and second, there are so many work left undone that I was planning to put my head and heart unto right after coming back from the refreshing Banaue trip.... Kyaaaaa~~~

Anyway, I hope we could reschedule the trip by next week or next next week. If not, then probably it would be scheduled on January or March. /sad

No comments:

Post a Comment