Friday, October 22, 2010

the feel-good feeling brought by making someone happy

My today's post was supposed to be about nuts, warm milk and not having caffeine for at least 4 hours before you go to bed will make your sleeping patterns better... but save it for next time.

Walking past the apartments beside our NGO's office, I was comfortably pressing my head against my rounded hat and thinking about someone's reminder of me taking rest seriously. It might have been the most gloomy afternoon and the routine heading back to my father's nook, eating dinner and dozing off if not for my silliest idea of taking my father out for a movie. It was a sudden temptation that brought me and just a slip of the tongue that I said "I'll treat you." Unexpectedly, his face painted a light and glad smile that I thought secondly of saying "I was just joking, I'm saving money these days." So, there we went...

While we were on the way to the theaters, I was consoling myself that it was alright since it was only once in a while and that basically, it was the money I would have spent for food and bus fares if I didn't got sick and stayed at home for 3 days.

Want to know more about the movie. Click here.

"Life as we know it" was about two young adults who hated each other at the start but learned to love each other by taking care of Sophie, their god daughter, after she has been orphaned after her parents, who were the best friends of the two died in a car accident. It was a trick of fate.

After the movie, my father and I walked through the mall swiftly, pass the shops and got-off the train station, as routinely as we do each time we're heading back home at his nook. By the time, we were closing home, he walked slowly and said "it was a good movie, better than Resident Evil."

"But I thought Resident Evil was your favorite", I replied.

"Yes, but I've got copies of all episodes in my computer", he said.

I didn't get it at first but I guess he was just thankful for a little time outside with her daughter and for the free movie. Most of the time, it's he who paid and I've got to choose the movie I like. This time, I let him pick but he picked "Life as we know it", probably in consideration with what I would like. Today, I don't regret the slip of the tongue for it's immeasurable with the feelings I had after seeing his smile of "excitement" when I said I'll treat him. In the end, I thought "money isn't really that important in life, but you need it to make the people you love happy sometimes." I hope to see that smile from Papa again.

No comments:

Post a Comment