Friday, January 8, 2010

my solemn catharsis (Poetry 1)

my solemn catharsis

in the comfort of darkness,
i began to shed tears,
bursting from pressures
i know i long feared.

under my blanket,
i hugged my trembling knees
i mourn for my lost self
inside this fondest years.

i wonder how much laughter it cost,
to hide the melancholic heart.
in this solemn catharsis,
i began to tear apart.

as the day turned to night,
my psyche starts to reap.
wrapped in bittersweet happiness,
clots of anxiety and fear, i keep.

courageously, i turned the light on,
and saw an unhappy girl,
a familiar reflection in the mirror
tonight, i didn’t know so well.

i don’t know if i’ll be happy,
when the world’s revolution speed up.
i’m not quite sure if by the end,
my world would still cheer up.

and then i think of you
with my idle pen and ink
with again a little light in this darkness
i try to fall asleep.

in the comfort of darkness,
i tried to enlightened my self,
mr burden and my worries,
by morning, i will forget.

*repost from my Friendster blog

No comments:

Post a Comment