Sunday, June 3, 2012

"ask and it shall be given"

The past two months was my mud-pile for the year 2012. I was in constant state of restlessness, anxiety and depression. I felt unhappy with work as I dread waking up early in the morning, fighting sleepiness in an almost an hour jeepney ride (wherein I always lose) and standing inside a crowded train thinking about tasks I needed to finish for the day, for the week and for the year. Most of the time, my tummy felt as if it was left with nothing, on early mornings. I would cough and as dry as it is, it would put my eyes into tears. And that's when.. at the first minutes of the morning, I felt my life was miserable and I wanted to stay at home and take a rest from all of its miseries.

"Rain doesn't always mean sadness.
Be grateful for the rain, that farmers would take rest for the day."

I didn't like it. I felt as thought it was myself in another body. I wanted to go back to how I felt, how I think and how I lived before, but giving-up became so easy. Probably, it was because of the routine. Probably, it was because of the long time travel to work. Probably, it was just because of my anxiety over a load of tasks at work and school that would start by June.

Once in a blue moon.

The worse that I did during the depression was make a resignation letter and giving it to my supervisor. I debated with the resignation with both of my parents. Though they tried their best to counsel and make my mind change by reminding me of my financial responsibilities and consoling me with food, it didn't work. I got a splash of reality that what I was planning was "plain gamble" when my supervisor called me to his table and said "what's this?" with a faint smile, referring to the envelope with my resignation letter. "I'll only approve of it if you're going to a greener pasture.", he added.

"But sir...."
"Let's talk about it later."

Later, he lend me a DVD copy of "The Secret". (For those who haven't seen it, here's the official movie site of The Secret). From then, everything has changed.

The movie told about "The Law of Attraction", and how our thoughts work like a magnet while our feelings are our ways to control our thoughts. To put it simply, "we are what we think". If I think of my life as miserable then it would be. If I think of myself as someone unhappy with work, I would continue to be. "I think, therefore, I am."


I think I'm happy. Therefore, I am.

I also learned by heart, in the past two weeks to believe in "ask and it shall be given". Because of all those stress, I would murmur, pray and think of my desire to have a work where I would be more happy. I thought that I would be, if I could transfer to the Central Office which was closer to my home, or if I find a new job which would be closer to home. Only to find out that once I open up my dilemma and ask from other people, they would help me, as if the universe is conspiring to my desire. Now, I feel like I'm on a win-win situation since I would be assigned to a new project by the end of June and I have a chance to transfer to a work near home.

"Ask. Believe. Receive."

It's with the way we think that defines our life. There's a lot in everyday that we should be thankful for. When we start to think of the bright side of every thing, especially those of the bad, it is where contentment, happiness and peace of mind would start to lurk with our beings. And yes, I believe this movie would  change my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment