Monday, June 11, 2012

something from living in auto-pilot

Living in auto-pilot pertains to that days in your life when you do things in routine and doing tasks at hand without the 100% of your consciousness. This is what I refer to, when I talk about those days in the two months time that I think I was in a mud-pile of depression. I wake up, take a bath, eat breakfast, ride the jeepney, ride the train, work, then when the clock strikes 5:00PM, hurry going home, watch TV, eat dinner then sleep.

You'll personally know when you haven't done your best,
when there is a sense of regret inside you,
of not telling, of not asking and 
of simply not doing what your mind was telling you to do.

During those days, I lack inspiration and the motivation to get up. I would do things just because I was needed to. I go to work, just to complete the 8-hour a day requirement of getting paid in full, after 15 days. I didn't do additional tasks leisurely, complained with all those stuffs and persons that would hinder my finishing the task at hand at the quickest time and the worst part was, I lost a sense with listening to music.

But I'm glad to be back in my consciousness and I knew I was, when I stopped begging for another 30 minutes every waking hour of the day. My body started to consciously wake up at 5:30 in the morning and my mind started to consider each detail of every minute that I was in. Lastly, my soul started to crave for music.

One fine day of celebrating music at UP.

I was knocked out of living in auto-pilot on the last day of May. On June 1st, I started to think that I wanted to live a new life from what I was living for the last two months. I realized that one has to be faced with new challenges in order to wake-up from that routine and from living in auto-pilot. New things make us be more conscious of our selves. New challenges make us relearn that we are not yet enough, and there is still more of what we have in our insides that the outside is waiting. Nonetheless, living in auto-pilot is a point in time where the transition from one era to another happens. It helps you adapt to "moving".

The past week has brought so many new things in my life. I was officially enrolled as a graduate student, and I was informed of being hired as a staff of Institutional Partnership and Development of the Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program. These two changes poured  very cold pail of water in my head, as I realized I am but a person yet unripe of holding responsibilities, but is in the process of learning to get there and should not be tired of always out there chasing after my dreams.

Edited by my dear friend, Eljay Lactuan. *claps*

The core of Pantawid Pamilya is helping the child stay in school and be healthy. My passion on helping children was rekindled. And, I realized I'm still too far from reaching that dream of being a regular staff at the UNICEF. It's still a long way to go, so I shouldn't be oversleeping, but living my dreams.

Looking at this picture makes me believe, for once in my life, I was at peace.

And I also realized... being productive doesn't come from concentrating on only one role at hand but being able to juggle all those roles of being a student, a social development worker and a frustrated guitarist all together. But, I guess that only applies to me, being hyperactive and for so long a time, been multi-tasking.

Life is an ice cream, eat it before it melts.

No comments:

Post a Comment