Sunday, January 1, 2012

there's a reason why there is only one Friday in a week.

I was there. In the New Year's Countdown to 2012 at Eastwood City, Quezon City, with friends. It was my first time to join the festivity at the Metro, as I was always celebrating it in my hometown, Legazpi City, Albay. Somehow, at the last 5 minutes of December 31, 2011, I didn't want January 1, 2012 to come and just stop time. 2011 was just so good and happy that it's a little sad it's chapter is closing, and I needed to be ready for another year of surprises. Really, time flies when you're having fun. たのしいかたですよ。

Following photos by Kuya Onin. :)

Happy New Year every one. :)

Fireworks at Eastwood City

Celebration at The Pink Room

The whole month of December was like the last Friday of 2012. Too many get-together, hang-outs, food, gifts, drinking and laughter. I enjoy this time of year when I get to see my closest friends as they come home for the holidays, or as we have more money to hang-out more. But, I always thought that after all the happiness, there is a price to pay. So cynical. That is why I'm a little afraid to experience too much happiness bring equal amount of sadness in the long run. In deed, there was... such as the earthquake in Japan on the first day of 2012. I hope not too many people get injured, unlike what Sending did nor the March 2010 Japan's earthquake.

Some happy memories of 2012....


Photos by Kuya Onin.

So I was thinking... there is no whole happiness without the sadness. I always believe that one could not exist without the other, that you wouldn't feel happiness if you didn't feel sadness. In the recent days, I was lurking the streets of Cubao, Ayala and Eastwood City. On one of my walks to find a cab in Cubao to go to St. Lukes Global City, I passed by street families and street children whose Christmas and New Years are spent on the streets. More over, on the way home, I happened to pass by homeless street families in Robinsons (Ortigas) with their make-shift homes. My work is never-ending, waiting for me. 2012 is another year to face the challenges of changing the lives of these street children and street families, and drive them to a safer home and a more productive and meaningful life. My exposure to poverty, has made me this cynical, I guess.

Street Children. Photo by DSWD-Social Technology Bureau.

And if you have more time, please watch this video I made. 

The reason why there is only one Friday in a week and only one December on a year is that, people should enjoy themselves once in a while. Enough for them to face the hardship and challenges of life that is yet to come. Probably, if it was Friday everyday, then it would be no longer so much fun.

P.S.

I found this really nice video that I wanted to share. But I couldn't embed it for Blog Post only supports YouTube Videos. This video is perfect for my blog and for all of us in 2012. Life is better when we continue learning. :) LEARN!

No comments:

Post a Comment