Sunday, May 17, 2009

editorial comic about new graduates~




This is where I've spent my afternoon, while watching the movie "The International" with Papa. The editorial comic is for ACCE's newsletter which will be published by the end of the month.

The meaning of the comic is easy to figure yet maybe only some few people would understand minute details. The hand is the government headed by Gloria, such a beautiful hand who stayed most in air-conditioned rooms and travels all around the world in pursuit of international relations. The hand holds a few candies symbolizing the government's control over the economy and how little it has done to promote and give job opportunities in the past years. The hand gives candies little by little which are only labeled contractual workers, overseas workers, and call center agents; which are the common job openings here in the Philippines. The rest, I supposed is shown clearly. :)

Credits to enabruha?(that'show I read his sign in an editorial s/he made in 3/31/07, newspaper unknown) where I learned how to draw graduates comically and star-portraits.com where I learned how to draw the hand. So basically, this editorial is a copy-paste from some others' drawings put together to help me portray what I want to express through comic. I'm not very good in drawing by myself. Thanks. :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment