Wednesday, October 21, 2009

the difference between job and career.

If you call what you do for a living a job..
you work from 9am - 5pm as expected of you,
and always wanted for the hours to pass faster,
you start your day "here goes a day again",
and you get bored in a meeting. D:

If you call what you do for a living, a career..
you work from 9am - 8pm without bothering about overtime,
and is always surprised how time easily passed by while you were doing a task,
you start your day "another day has begun",
and you enjoy sitting, discussing and planning in a meeting.

Because in the first months, I was a person who had a job but now I think I now found a career.
And these examples were how I worked - then and now.
To have this paradigm shift (Social work term) or change of mind (layman's term), amazes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment