Tuesday, October 6, 2009

how times of crisis create venues of compassion and cooperation

by being a volunteer of World Vision's relief operation for a day.

The volume of donations received in cash and in kind of World Vision is amazing. From the vies of an outsider, they could easily implement relief operation without spending any penny from their fund since they already have many supporters. BUT, it was more heart-touching and wonderful to see people coming in to spend their day also as volunteers as seen in this picture..



It amazes me when people act to help others with no special reason
or with no agenda of receiving something in exchange in the end.

What I did today was so much different from what I originally expected - that is to go to Marikina and see how bad the typhoon's damage was with my eyes. In the end, I stayed with Gifts-In-Kind (GIK) team in the main office and counted donated food, toys and clothes per piece. It was a tiring day but I was glad to have found new friends. I am thinking of doing volunteer work for World Vision as a day care teacher maybe. As long as I have to deal with children would be fun with me - it's my pleasure~ ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment