Thursday, October 8, 2009

that to be contented in the present is enough~

And to worry about the future, specifically your future is not much of an importance right now.

Or so I thought, or so what I want to think so. D:

I never felt more contented with my life as I am experiencing now. Though, I can say my money is not enough for my needs and I still could be labeled as "homeless" because I remain to be of no permanent address, I am happy with it. In fact, I now want to experience difficulty, learn from it and be motivated to do something to change the difficulty than what I previously thought. I think was far too lazy in the past because I wasn't doing the best effort I can in doing my work. I was addicted to Flyff then and the only thing I wanted to do day by day, was sleep or play Flyff.


Little Children Scavengers (SM2)

In just seconds things change. There was a point in time where in my mind there was only darkness and light and after that, my mind started questioning about what I do day by day, which values I treasure, which was important. Especially when I was exposed to SM2's poverty and experience their difficult life situation, it was like enlightenment though it may sound grand, but I don't have any way to explain it. Now, I care less about games and all other things I was acquainted to that now I see as unimportant.

It's a strange feeling to feel this way - to wake up early and not feel lazy but instead want to start work immediately and maximizing all the time to do advocacy, education and any other work to help ACCE.

In the future, I don't know where I will be. I don't know how poor or how rich I am but I don't seem to be anxious... if it's only for myself. The problem will come if I have my own family but then.. let's go back to the first sentence I scribbled in this blog. I don't want to worry about my future so much as long as I am contented with the present.

POSTSCRIPT:
Please support victims of Typhoon Ondoy and Typhoon Pepeng. See ACCE's relief operation flyer here. Click!


No comments:

Post a Comment